Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063 is shown whenever a user tries to activate the OS by using a product key. “The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license” error message is shown, whenever the system is unable to activate Windows OS. So in case you are also a victim of this issue, consult with the following section.
How Do I Fix Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063?
There can be multiple reasons for the Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063. Users need to consider all the possible scenarios related to this issue like corrupted OS and BIOS settings, and license restrictions. And by considering all the possibilities related to this error, perform the following customizations to bypass it.
1. Scan Windows Files
Your first fix should of fixing the corrupted system files, as they are unable to bypass the activation status from the OS. You only need to run a singular command from the command prompt and allow your system to initiate the scan & fix process. Because with such a command executed, your system will perform the required steps to fix the system files corruption.
- Type cmd inside the Cortana search bar and select the Run as administrator option.
- Execute the following commands one after another:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- sfc /scannow
- Once the commands are executed, restart your PC.
2. Reinitiate Windows Licensing Store
Reinitiating the Windows Licensing Store can help users bypass the Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063. Because in simple words, it means that the resources required to activate your Windows OS are restarted from the beginning. Resulting in, you no longer having to bear any errors after entering the product key.
- Launch the command prompt with administrative privileges.
- Run the following commands one at a time:
net stop sppsvc cd %windir%ServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftWSLicense ren tokens.dat tokens.bar net start sppsvc cscript.exe %windir%system32slmgr.vbs /rilc
- Once all of the aforementioned commands are executed, try using the product key to activate Windows OS.
3. Launch Activation Troubleshooter
If the system files are ok and the activation license is alive-n-kicking, you should consider launching the perspective troubleshooter. Windows OS contains an activation troubleshooter for personals who are facing issues like Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063. So you should be the same and perform the following steps to troubleshoot this problem.
- Press Windows + I keys to launch Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security >> Activation.
- Go to the Troubleshoot tab and click on Apply this fix.
- After troubleshooting the issue, restart your computer.
4. Activate Windows through Command Prompt
Sometimes the activation process is in need of a hard push, in that case, you can use utilities like command prompt and Windows PowerShell to get the job done. So now, I will guide you in using the command prompt, because it’s easy as compared to the Windows PowerShell.
- Open the command prompt with administrative rights.
- Type slmgr /ipk <Product Key> and press Enter. (enter your actual product key within the brackets)
- Next up, run the slmgr /ato command.
- After executing the commands successfully, restart your PC.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to fix Windows Activation Error 0xc004f063.