Windows 11’s Start Menu is one of the huge reasons, why users are upgrading to the latest build. As for now, many users are having trouble with launching the facility and they are unaware of the exact cause of this error. So in the following section, I will describe some main reasons for this error and help you Fix Windows 11 Start Menu Not Working. So that, users never have to follow any complications while benefiting from the latest start menu UI.
How Do I Fix Windows 11 Start Menu Not Working?
There can be various reasons for the Start Menu Not Working on Windows 11 issue. Outdated Windows build, corrupted system files, misled Windows Explorer, and unsupported system settings are the main reasons for this error. So users need to perform the following methods to bypass this error without using any third-party program.
1. Reset PC
Resetting your PC can be resourceful in fixing this issue. Because it will restore the default settings and remove any incompatibility issues, if possible. However, you should create a backup of your important files, in case anything goes wrong.
- Squeeze Win + I keys from your keyboard simultaneously.
- From the Settings window, navigate to System >> Recovery.
- Under Recovery Options, click on the Reset PC button.
- Confirm your action and wait until the process is fully completed.
2. Re-Open Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer is associated with lots of built-in utilities and services, which you are unaware of. And, the start menu is just one of them, so restarting Windows Explorer can help you in fixing the Windows 11 Start Menu Not Working issue.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and select Windows Explorer.
- Now, click on the Restart button.
3. Update Windows Build
Now that the latest Stable Windows 11 build is provided by Microsoft, you should allow your system to update. This will help your system resolve any critical issues discovered within the system files. Also, this action can help you in staying tuned with the latest products from Microsoft.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings by pressing Win + I keys.
- Navigate to the Windows Update tab.
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- After downloading & installing the update files, allow your PC to reboot.
4. Sign-In with Admin Rights
Some users reported that signing in with administrative accounts help them resolve the Start Menu Not Opening issue. So you need to try that out. And always try to sign in with an administrative account, so that no built-in services are blocked to you.
- Navigate to Windows 11 Settings and select the Accounts tab.
- Go to Your Info and select “Manage my accounts”.
- Choose the Sign in with a local account option.
- Close the Settings window and check if that resolves the issue.
5. Rollback to Windows 10
Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will keep receiving updates for the next five years. So if you are unable to make the most out of Windows 11, you can roll back to the older version. And once you are assured of a stable build that’s free of irritating errors, upgrade to it. Until then, keep using Windows 10, while it lasts.
- Press Win + I keys to open the Settings window.
- Go to System >> Recovery.
- Click on the “Go Back” button.
- Provide an answer to why you wish to roll back and confirm your action.
- Wait until the process is completed successfully.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to fix Start Menu Not Working on Windows 11.