Split Screen is mostly preffered for multi-tasking on Windows 11. As many users are unable to facilitate themselves from such a service, because of numerous issues in the system. So follow this guide that assists in fixing this issue and enabling you to benefit from Split Screen on Windows 11 to increase user productivity.
How Do I Fix Windows 11 Split Screen Not Working?
If you are encountering Split Screen Not Working on Windows 11, you need to implement various methods to eliminate this error. You can scan your system for file corruptions, customize your screen resolution, turn snap, and restart Windows Explorer to stop this problem from interrupting you. So if you wish to learn how to implement such troubleshooting workarounds, navigate to the following section.
1. Turn On Snap Windows
Users can only benefit from Split Screen if the Snap Windows facility is enabled on their system. So it can resize the splitter interfaces depending upon your device’s screen resolution. Such a feature is enabled by default, but if you need to check whether it’s enabled or not.
- Press Win + I keys to open Windows 11 Settings
- Navigate to the System tab.
- Click on the Multi-tasking tab.
- Now, ensure that Snap Windows toggle is enabled.
2. Restart Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer’s resources can mess a lot with the built-in services of your system. But the problem is that you can’t deny using it because it is the only option for handling the stored data. So what you are allowed to do is to reboot its services, so they can only respond when asked for.
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Details tab.
- Right-click on the explorer.exe file and select End Task.
- Now from the menu bar, click on File >> Run new task.
- Inside the newly appearing box, type “explorer” and click on Ok.
- For better results, restart your PC.
3. Scan Windows 11
On Windows OS, users are allowed to perform a scan to fix the system file corruption. They can execute the built-in troubleshooter to command the system to locate and replace the corrupted files. And such a process can be done by executing one command inside the command prompt interface.
- Type cmd inside the search bar and select “Run as administrator” from the search options.
- Inside the command prompt’s interface, type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
- After completing the scan process, allow your system to restart.
4. Customize Display Settings
It is a possibility that the selected Windows 11 display settings are troubling with the Split Screen. To fix interruption, users need to ensure that the selected display scale supports the preferred resolution. So all you have to do is to make certain changes in the display resolution, so it could support Windows 11 Split Screen.
- Open Windows 11 Settings from the start menu.
- Navigate to System >> Display.
- Click on the Scale drop-down menu and select a smaller value.
- Close the settings window and try enabling Split Screen on Windows 11.
Keep in Mind
The tablet mode isn’t available on Windows 11. So users can’t enable this Windows 10 facility in the latest OS, because it has been disqualified by Microsoft. However, support for tablets and touch screen laptops is still available. But even on such devices, users can’t enable Tablet Mode manually.
So to enable Tablet mode on a surface book or laptops with touch screens, whenever the keyboard is disabled, the system will automatically start to show the table mode. And then, whenever the keyboard is reattached to the device, such a facility will be disabled and the default UI will start to appear.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsisteforWeb to fix Windows 11 Split Screen Not Working.