I am pretty sure we need to explain the Windows terminal as most of you don’t know about it. Windows Terminal is a unified terminal app that works along with Powershell, Linux, Command prompt, and other command-based OS, SS, etc. Basically, it works as a shell with a shell. Well, take a break from your current terminal app and concentrate on Windows Terminal. Why we should make Windows Terminal default terminal app on Windows 11.
Well, if you asking for the reasons then there are many of them. Surely! you will consider switching your default terminal application to Windows Terminal. For beginners who are new to command, Windows Terminal is best as it executes easily. A features packed powerhouse for the learners who want to become developers. Another reason is GPU rendering, emoticon support, and also support for custom profiles. Now it’s time for the biggest benefit that is our favorite too is the using one tool instead of two or more shells like Command Prompt and Windows PowerShell. Almost all other tools need the assistance of others.
Everything in one place along! A complete suite! this makes the Windows Terminal a solid substitute for any other shell tool. If you are convinced enough to make Windows Terminal Default Terminal on Windows 11? Here are the steps to do so.
Make Windows Terminal Default Terminal App
Here are the steps through which you can make the Windows Terminal your default terminal on App on Windows 11. The procedure is very similar if you want to make Windows terminal default on Windows 10.
1. First launch the Windows Terminal on your computer.
2. On the Terminal window on your computer, click on the downward arrow icon right next to the add sign, on the toolbar.
3. Select ‘Settings’ from the available options.
4. Once the Settings appears, click on the dropdown menu right below the ‘Default terminal application’ option.
5. Select ‘Windows Terminal’ from the drop-down menu options.
6. Click on the ‘Save’ button located at the bottom-right corner of the window to save the change.
How to check if Windows Terminal is Default Terminal App
Here is the way through which you can make sure that Windows Terminal is your default app.
1. Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows+e keyboard shortcut. Or, you can open file explorer on Windows 11 by typing the term in the Windows search and hit enter.
2. Click on the address bar, now type cmd inside it, hit the enter button.
3. If the action opens the Windows Terminal app with Command Prompt shell, it means that Windows terminal in now your Default terminal app on Windows 11.