Windows Hello Pin is added to the system so that users can stay protected from unauthorized activities. It is available for convenience, but not to annoy users. Even with such a facility enabled, users have to face the Windows 11 Keeps Asking to Setup a Windows Hello Pin issue. So I have decided to provide some solutions to fix this error.
How Do I Fix Windows 11 Keeps Asking to Setup a Windows Hello Pin?
No doubt, Windows Hello Pin is provided to help users protect their PC. But now, the service has started to annoy users, because of its notifications popup. Several users have a complaint about the Windows 11 Keeps Asking to Setup a Windows Hello Pin error. So if you are the victim of this issue, you need to consult with the following methods.
1. Use a Local Account
Many users have signed into Windows using the Microsoft Account, but that’s not enough for the Windows Hello Pin. Because it requires to local account to work properly. So if you are getting the same sign-in popup again-n-again, you should consider creating and using a local account.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and go to the Account tab.
- Select “Your Info” and choose Sign in with a local account.
- Provide the asked forum details and click on the Next button.
- After selecting your local account for sign-in, restart your PC.
2. Delete NGC Directory
The NGC file directory contains all the data stored to unlock your PC. To be specific, it contains the PIN codes, Face Unlock, and Fingerprint lock data. So by deleting this folder, you can reinstate the Windows Hello Pin.
- Navigate to the following address:
- Right-click on the Ngc folder and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab and click on the Advanced button.
- Under the Permissions tab, click on the Continue button.
- Add your current username inside the “Enter the object name to select enter” box.
- Select the “Replace owner on sub containers and objects” box and click on the Ok button.
- Now, open the NGC folder and remove all files from it.
- Next up, enter a preferred PIN for your local account.
3. Reset Settings
Maybe the problem resides within the customized or corrupted settings. In that case, you should try resetting system settings, to avoid any kind of interruption from the Windows Hello PIN.
- Press Win + X keys from your keyboard.
- Select “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” from the context menu.
- Execute the following command in PowerShell interface:
- Get-AppxPackage windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Reset-AppxPackage
- After completing the process, reboot your computer.
4. Reset App Settings
Users can also reset the App Settings to bypass the Windows Hello Pin error. It will allow them to bypass any problems that are caused due to the installed applications on Windows 11.
- Type Settings inside the search bar.
- Right-click on the available Settings tab and select App Settings.
- Click on the Reset button and confirm your action.
- Reboot your system, after completing the process.
5. Recover PC
In case your system files are corrupted and a normal fix isn’t enough for them, you should reset all the settings to default. It is better to perform such an operation from the PC Recover utility.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and go to the System tab.
- Click on the Recovery >> Reset PC options.
- Select the Keep my files option.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process.
- Once the process is executed, perform the aforementioned first method to create a local account.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to fix Windows 11 Keeps Asking to Setup a Windows Hello Pin.