Multiple users have reported the Video Playback issues encountered on Windows 11. This issue may reside within the operating system or the video file that you are trying to run. So I will deliver some workarounds that will help you fix Video Not Playing on Windows 11. You can assist with the following section to locate the correct solution for this problem.
How Do I Fix Video Not Playing on Windows 11?
Users are required to consider all the reasons for the Video Playback issues. It is also possible that a single piece of malware is causing the trouble and there’s nothing wrong with your system or codec settings. If you are unaware of the reason that caused this issue and wish to solve it within a couple of minutes, read the following troubleshooting solutions.
1. Install Pending Updates
You should check if there’s a pending Windows Update or not. Because every Windows Build comes with fixes to the problems that users have complained about on Microsoft forums. So before performing any extra hassle, you should check whether an update is available or not, and if it’s available, allow your system to install it.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and select Windows Update from the left pane.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- If you are notified of an update installation, let your system install and reboot accordingly.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
If your system is updated to the latest Windows Build, you should also keep checking on the outdated graphics drivers. Because they work as a source to help you enjoy high-end visual graphics on your computer. So if they are outdated, you will not be allowed to play HD videos or movies. It would be great if you keep them updated to the latest version.
- Launch the Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the installed video driver and select the Update Driver option.
- On the next window, click on the Search Automatically for drivers options.
- Once the drivers are updated, restart your computer.
3. Examine Media Format
Have you considered checking out the video format? Whether if it’s supported by the media player or not? Well, you should consider such a possibility, because it could be a great aspect that could help you locate the error and fix it. Always ensure that the media you are trying to run is supported by the media players. Else, install codecs to support such files or use third-party media players like VLC to enjoy your videos without glitches.
4. Customize Sound Quality
The sound quality in your videos should be fully compatible with the media player. Some media players don’t support the high-quality sound bitrate, resulting in, you starting to face Video Playback issues on Windows 11. In such cases, you should consider customizing the sound quality to the compatible bitrate.
- Open Windows 11 Settings and navigate to System >> Sound.
- Click on the More Sound Settings tab from the right pane.
- On the newly appearing window, navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click on the 16 bit, 44100 Hz option from the sound quality drop-down menu.
- Now, click on Apply >> Ok.
5. Troubleshoot Video Playback
You will be glad to acknowledge that Windows 11 contains a troubleshooter to help you fix errors related to its built-in facility. So now that you have performed all the required solutions, you should now put your luck into the hands of Windows 11, and see how it goes for you.
- From the Windows 11 Settings, go to System >> Troubleshoot.
- Select the Other Troubleshooters tab.
- Click on the Run button, placed beside Video Playback.
- On the next window, select the Open Video Playback Settings option.
- Disable the Save Video Bandwidth toggle.
- Select the Optimize for video quality from the Battery Options.
- Exit the settings window and play your desired video.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to Fix Video Not Playing on Windows 11.