Update Kodi Library: Keeping Update Kodi updated is the most important thing that you should worry about. This ensures smooth performance and the removal of any known bugs. Here I will explain how you can update Kodi manually and automatically. The manual method helps when there is an issue with the automatic update process.
Kodi is a powerful software and an open-source media center. With the Kodi app, you can display and organize all of your digital files like Photos, Music, and Videos. The Kodi application is available for all platforms like Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, FireTV, and other platforms.
Update The Kodi Library
If you have a large library of different kinds of files on Kodi, and you Update Kodi Library very often. Then it can become frustrating because every time you update your Kodi library, you have to organize it (If you like to keep things organized). So, the thing you need is a way to keep your library updated and organized.
There are two methods of updating the Kodi library. The manual method to Update Kodi Library is quite easy, however, you have to keep things organized manually. And the Automatic method keeps things organized and you don’t have to perform unless library updates.
How To Update Your Entire Kodi Library At Once
If you want to set Auto-update your Kodi library then there is an add-on that you have to use. This add-on is known as Library Auto Update. So, keep reading further to learn, how you can install Library Auto Update On Kodi and how you can use Library Auto Update on Kodi. Additionally, there is another add-on known as “Watchdog”, you can also use this add-on, however, you should use Watchdog as an alternative for “Library Auto Update”.
Update Kodi Library Automatically (Installation Method)
To update Kodi automatically you have to use an Add-on like Library Auto Update.
- Open the Kodi app on your device, the home screen will open. Here Tap on the Add-ons option.
- Click on the Open Box icon, and then click on Install From Repository.
- Now Goto Kodi add-on repository, then Program add-ons.
- Scroll down to Library Auto Update and click on it.
- A box describing the Add-on will appear, here click on the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
- Wait for the Add-on to install, after installation, a notification will also notify.
This is how you can install Library Auto Update Add-on.
How To Use Library Auto Update Add-on On Kodi
After the installation of the Library Auto Update Add-on, you can make a few changes to the add-on to personalize its working.
- From the Kodi home screen Goto Add-ons > Program Add-ons.
- Find Library Auto Update Add-on, right-click on it, and go to settings.
- The Settings menu will open, Go to the General section from the left menu bar.
- From here you can turn off notification for Library Auto Update Add-on. Because when this add-on is working notification will appear, which may disturb you.
- Now go to the Video section under General. Here you will see the “Amount of time between updates”. From here you can the interval of library update time (Hour). By default, the time is set to 4 hours.
Just like above, you can change other settings to personalize the setting according to your likings.
Update Kodi Library Manually
If you don’t want to update Kodi regularly then you can use the manual method. Moreover, if you are selected items every few weeks, then there is no need to use the automatic Library update method. The manual update method is simple, easy, and built into the Kodi app. Here is how you can Manually update the Kodi library.
- Open the home screen of Kodi.
- Goto Settings > Media Settings > Library.
- On the right side menu screen, you will see Video Library and Music Library sections.
- Under each section, there is an option “Update Library on Startup”. Toggle this option to turn, this will update your both libraries on Startup.
- There is another option under each section “Hide Progress Of Library update”. You may want to turn on this option if you don’t want to be disturbed by the library update notification.
After enabling these options your Kodi will update the library on Startup. Moreover, you also have to restart Kodi for the settings to save.
This article was regarding the process of Update Kodi Library. Thank you for your time.