Are you running the old version of Kodi on your Firestick? The later stable Kodi version is 19.3, as of date. Update Kodi 19.3 on FireStick or FireTV. Here you will learn the fastest method to Update Kodi without using a computer. Don’t worry, the steps are quite easy. However, you have to follow them carefully, or else you might have to face a huge issue in the end.
How Can I Install Kodi 19.3 on FireStick
Here we have uncovered the methods to update Kodi on FireTV or FireStick without losing any data. All of your installed Kodi add-ons, Repositories, Extensions, Builds, and even settings will remain the same after the update. To perform the updating method, we are going to be using a downloader app. This app is easily available on the Amazon App Store and it is free to download.
Download and install the downloader app on your FireStick or FireTV. If you already have a Downloader application on your device, then you can also use it. Additionally, If you are facing lagging issues, or extreme buffering time, the updating will easily resolve it. However, if the issue is not fixed then you can also read this article on Decreasing Buffering Time On Kodi.
How To Update Kodi 19.3 on FireStick Or FireTV
Step 1: Preparations
By using the updating method provided below. You will be able to update Kodi the second generation of Firestick (with Alexa Voice Remote), FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and other Fire TV devices including Fire TV Cube. Moreover, the method is provided in clear step-by-step instructions. You guys can easily understand it without any hassle.
- The first step you have to take is to repair your Kodi system for the updating process. For this to happen, you have to enable Install From Unknown Sources. Also, turn on Unknown Sources for the Downloader app.
- Now go to the home screen > Settings > Preferences > Privacy Settings > Collect App Usage Data.
- Now turn off Collect App Usage Data.
The preparations are now completed.
Step 2: Download Updates
Once you have performed the above method, now you have to download the actual update on your FireStick or FireTV device. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the home screen > Add-ons > Downloader.
- Open it and click on the URL box on the right pane of the screen.
- A keyboard will pop-open on the screen.
- Enter the following URL as it is: https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk
- Now click on the Go button.
The Kodi 19.3 update will now start to download, Via the downloader application. This will take a couple of minutes so please wait.
Step 3: Update Kodi
Now you have downloaded the latest software file of Kodi 19.3. Now it is time to install it on your device. This is the final step, so bear with us for a couple of more minutes.
- When the download of the Kodi 19.3 setup file is completed, a pop-up screen will appear.
- Here you will be asked to install the Update.
- Click on the Install button.
- Now, wait for the installation to complete.
- Once completed, click on the install button.
This is how you can Update Kodi 19.3 on FireStick or FireTV.
Step 4 (Additional Step): Verification
To check the latest updates on your devices, go to the settings menu. Then head towards the System Info option, and click on it. Now, look at the right bottom of the screen to see the Kodi Version. If it shows Kodi 19.3, congratulations, on the successful update without losing any data, extensions, Builds, and much more.
This article was all regarding the installation method of Update Kodi 19.3 on FireStick or Fire TV.