In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android Windows 11. We already told you about the unwritten collaboration of Android and Windows 11. Android and Windows 10 work before together but that’s for the device support specifically for the hardware. Pairing devices with each other and that’s it. But, Windows 11 is also adopting major software ingredients of Android.
Now they got the app support through which Windows 11 users can install and use Android apps on Windows. Infact users can download and install Google Play Store on Windows 11 as a whole.
It may be Jam for the Android and Windows users but not all of them agree with it. Although the inclusion is not some half-baked cake. Microsoft made sure that the users could interact with an Android app as you interact with UWP apps. Unfortunately, some people want to keep the device and OS like the tradition, as the stock to keep it simple.
How to Uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android
(Via Start Menu)
Here is the simplest procedure of uninstalling the Windows Subsystem for Android. Just a couple of clicks and it’s OK!
1. Head to the Start Menu and click on the ‘All apps’ Option.
2. Right-click on the ‘Windows Subsystem for Android’ tile, locate by scrolling down. Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option from the sub-menu that appears.
3. Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button to delete the Windows Subsystem permanently.
4. WSA has been uninstalled from your system.
1. Head to the Start Menu and open the ‘Settings’ app by typing Settings in the Start menu to search the app.
2. Click on the ‘Apps’ tab present on the left sidebar of the Settings window.
3. Click on the ‘Apps & features’ tile located on the right side of the window.
4. Under the ‘App list’ section, type Windows Subsystem in the search bar to look for the ‘Windows Subsystem for Android’ app.
5. Click on the three vertical dots menu icon located to the far right side of the app tile. Choose the ‘Uninstall’ option. A small window will prompt on your screen.
6. Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button again for the removal of WSA from your system.
(Via PowerShell in Windows Terminal)
1. Open the Windows Terminal app by clicking on the Start button from the Taskbar and typing ‘Terminal’. Click on the ‘Windows Terminal’ app to launch it from the search results.
2. Navigate to the ‘All apps’ section from the Start Menu. Launch the ‘Windows Terminal’ app by finding it from the list alphabetically ordered.
3. Windows Terminal should open in the PowerShell. Copy+paste the following command and hit Enter. It will display all the installed programs on your computer.
4. Find the ‘Windows Subsystem for Android’ option in the list. Select text by clicking and sliding down the right mouse button and pressing the Ctrl+C.
5. Type or copy+paste the following command to uninstall the WSA from your system and hit Enter.
winget uninstall "<app name>"
6. You can use it to uninstall Windows Subsystem for Android using these ways on your PC.