If you have a lot of add-ons on Kodi, then the Kodi repository might get clogged up. Most people can’t resist the urge to get new features on Kodi by adding multiple add-ons. However, by getting these many add-ons, you might reach a point where your Kodi system is not performing as it should be. To resolve this issue you have to Uninstall Kodi Repositories to free up space and to make your Kodi system run smoothly.
Kodi is an open-source media center that allows the user to stream movies smoothly. However, this software can perform other tasks, just by adding Kodi official and third-party add-ons. By using these add-ons the user can gain access to streaming media, that was never there before. Get access to Live Sports, Live News, Different TV Channels, Movies, Seasons, and much more with Kodi add-ons.
Uninstall Kodi Repositories
Installing an Add-on your Kodi system means that you are entering repository sources to the software. Repository or Repos are safe to use, however, if you have a lot of repositories installed on your system. Then your Kodi will slow down and the performance will not be optimal. In this article, I have mentioned multiple methods to remove repositories or Uninstall them on your Kodi devices.
H0w To Uninstall Repositories On Kodi
The quickest way to remove or uninstall Kodi Repositories is from your Kodi app is by using the built-in uninstall feature. However, this method is slow because it can only remove one Repository at a time, and you have to repeat the process for removing another repository. The removing process only consumes a couple of seconds. Moreover, the following method is compatible with all platforms that support Kodi.
- Open the Kodi Home menu.
- From the left menu go to Add-ons and then My add-ons.
- Select Add-on Repositories from the list.
- A list of Repositories will appear, here scroll through the list and select the repository that you want to remove.
- A new window will open, here click on the Uninstall button from the right bottom side of the screen.
- The confirmation screen will open, click on the yes button to remove the repository.
- The Kodi system will now remove the repository and all of the associated repository files.
Removing the Kodi repository does not mean that the add-on will be removed, the add-on will be intact on your Kodi system. All source URLs “s are left in the system, in case you want to quickly re-install the repository. Moreover, in other words, you can say that removing the repository means, that the Add-on will no longer receive updates.
Uninstall Kodi Repository Sources
Kodi Repository Sources have stored links that let the Kodi system know where to download the repository. The Sources do not consume any space on the Kodi system, However, if you have a lot of Sources and finding the one you need is becoming a hassle. then you can remove them and the system will not be harmed in any way.
- Open the Home Menu on your Kodi system.
- Click on the Gear icon to open the Settings Menu.
- Click on the File Manager option to open its settings.
- On the left side of the screen, you can scroll through the repositories.
- Select all repositories that you want to remove.
- Right-click on any of the repositories that you have selected to open the Action menu.
- If you don’t have a mouse, then press the Menu button.
- Click on the Remove Source button and confirm by pressing the Yes button on the next screen.
The Sources will be removed instantly.
Note: The repository file is not affected by removing Repository Source, you can still use the add-on like before. However, future updates will not come.
Use Ares Wizard To Remove Multiple Kodi Repositories
Ares Wizard is a good multiple propose tool that comes with a lot of maintenance features for your Kodi system. With this add-on, you can create a backup, access Cache management tools, Configurations, and much more. With Ares Wizard you can also remove multiple Kodi Repositories with just a few clicks. This method is faster for removing multiple repositories.
- Install Ares Wizard Add-on on your Kodi system.
- Now run the add-on and wait for it to load.
- When the Ares Wizard Add-on opens, click on the Browse Addons button on the top of the screen.
- Now select the Repositories category.
- Now click on the Repository that you want to remove.
- The Repository written in Green color indicates that the Repository is on your system.
- Confirm the selected add-on by seeing the image on the right side of the screen.
- Now, click on the Uninstall button.
The Ares Wizard will take some tie to remove the Repository. Once removed the Repository will appear in the Purple color text. This indicates that the operation was successful.
How To Uninstall All Kodi Repositories At Once
If your Kodi Repository is filled with hundreds of Repositories that are unused by you, then uninstalling all Kodi Repository is the best solution for you. However, we have to use an unorthodox method to perform this task. Because we have to perform a factory reset to do so. However, this method will remove everything from your system including repositories, add-ons, skins, sources, and more.
This is how you can Uninstall Kodi Repositories from your device.
This article was regarding the method to teach you how you can Uninstall Kodi Repositories from your device. If you have any questions ask in the comment section below. This is all, Thank you.