Kodi is still one of the most preffered live-streaming CMS that’s available for all the major platforms. With its support for huge add-ons support, users like to prefer this media player for Windows 11 PC. However, many users are complaining about the Kodi Not Working on Windows 11 problem, so my focus will be on delivering guidance to assist users in fixing it.
How to Fix Kodi Not Working on Windows 11?
The Windows 11 and Kodi problems can successfully be bypassed by performing the drafted procedures. Because I have added such solutions by considering all the possible reasons that can lead to Kodi Not Working on Windows 11. So if you are willing to bypass this error on your computer, read the drafted methods.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
Faulty visual drivers can be problematic, especially, when you are trying to launch media players to watch high-quality videos. To avoid such kinds of irritating situations, you should keep your graphics drivers updated to the latest version. And to update graphics drivers manually, perform the following steps:
- Launch Device Manager using the search bar.
- Click on the Display Adapters tab to expand it.
- Right-click on the GPU device and select Update Drivers.
- Allow the system to install the updates automatically from the web.
2. Update DirectX
Most users are unaware of the fact that DirectX plays a vital role in running media applications. However, such an application isn’t occasionally updated by Windows OS. So users are required to update it manually, to run the third-party applications on Windows 11.
- Press Win + R keys to open the Run box.
- Type “dxdiag” within the box and press Enter.
- Now, examine the current version of DirectX.
- If the version is less than 12, you need to update it.
- Click here to download the latest DirectX version.
3. Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration on Kodi has its perks. So if you have enabled such a facility, you need to disable it. Because it can lead towards Kodi Not Working or Crashing issues. To do so, implement the following steps:
- Click on the Settings icon from the home interface of Kodi.
- Select “Player” from the given options.
- Navigate to the Video tab from the left sidebar.
- Disable the “Allow hardware acceleration” toggle.
4. Reinstall Kodi
Some of the application’s files are far from repairing, in that case, your only hope is to reinstall that application. So I’m recommending you do the same so that your system can install the required files of Kodi on Windows 11. This process might take some time, but it would be helpful in fixing the not working issue.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings.
- Go to Apps >> Apps & Features.
- Select Kodi and click on the Uninstall button.
- Now, download & install the latest version of Kodi on your Windows PC.
5. Use a VPN
In case you are still unable to fix the Kodi Crashing issue on Windows 11, then you need to try connecting with a VPN. Because in some countries Kodi is restricted from the local network authorities, so it would be a good idea to use Kodi while connected to a VPN. A good thing about Kodi is that it supports connection with both free and premium VPNs. But if you ask me for a recommendation, I would say NordVPN (Premium) or ProtonVPN (Free).
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to fix Kodi Not Working on Windows 11.