If you want to get rid of all the files stored on your HDD or SSD, read the following guide about “How To Format A Hard Drive on Windows 11”. I will teach you about three different procedures to wipe your hard drive data while using Windows PC. You can select any method that you find convenient.
I will not be using the services of any third-party tool to get this job done. Users have the option of benefiting from the built-in utilities, so they can complete the task without having to pay any extra charges. And to be specific, I will be using Windows 11 Settings, File Explorer, and Disk Management tools for that cause.
How Do I Format A Hard Drive on Windows 11?
I have drafted several solutions to help you Format A Hard Drive. In the following procedures, I will tell you to format drives individually. So you may not accidentally delete the default driver that’s usually C:\ drive. Further, to be precautions, do create a backup of your important data on OneDrive or DropBox, before proceeding on wiping all the saved data.
Method 1: From Settings
The simplest way of wiping a hard drive’s data is from the storage settings. You get to benefit from a clear interface and perform the perspective tasks easily. Read the following instructions to learn to format a drive from storage settings.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings from the Start menu or by pressing Windows + I keys.
- Select the System tab from the left pane and select Storage from the right pane.
- Expand the Advanced Storage Settings tab and click on Disks & Volumes.
- Select your desired Drive from the available list and click on Properties.
- Next, click on the Format button.
- Now make appropriate selections on the appearing popup and click on Format.
Method 2: From File Explorer
File Explorer makes folder navigation easy, but it can be used to Format A Hard Drive on Windows 11. Users can get a detail of the data stored and free space of each drive. Also, it’s beneficial for users who want to manage all of their folders without having to perform any extra hassle.
- Launch File Explorer from the taskbar or by pressing Windows + E keys.
- Select “This PC” from the left-sidebar.
- Right-click a drive and select Format from the appearing menu.
- Make desired selections like File System, Capacity, etc, and click on Start.
- If you want to complete this task instantly, check the “Quick Format” checkbox, before clicking on the Start button.
Method 3: From Disk Management
Disk Management tool is available specifically to help users manage the disk partitioning process. It is available in almost every Windows OS and has proven to be quite helpful, whenever a user wants to format a drive or manage the perspective partitions.
- Start by pressing Windows + R keys to launch the Run box.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the available space and press Enter.
- Select the preffered drive from the boxes.
- Right-click on the selected drive and select Format.
- Make the right selections and check the “Perform a quick format” checkbox.
- Click on the Ok button and confirm your action.
Note: The drive formating process takes time depending upon the condition of your hard drive and PC.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to learn How To Format A Hard Drive on Windows 11.