Sleep mode is one of the popular features of Windows 11. It allows users to save electricity and power consumption that can lead to the overheating issue. But unfortunately, various users are unable to benefit from such a facility. So I will be providing guidance to help individuals Fix Sleep Mode on Windows 11. To help make the most out of the latest Windows OS built, for increasing productivity.
How Do I Fix Sleep Mode on Windows 11?
The Windows 11 Sleep Mode Not Working issue can arise due to various reasons. In most situations, normal customizations of the associated settings can help bypass this issue. But some other workarounds can be performed to avoid this situation. That’s why I have added various methods that can help users Fix Sleep Mode on Windows 11.
1. Customize Sleep Mode Timer
Sometimes the selected sleep mode is the reason why your computer doesn’t go to sleep after your preferred period. It would be best if you select the timer for sleep mode manually, to avoid any kinds of complications. And such action can be a lot helpful for the owners of Windows 11 laptops.
- Launch Windows 11 Settings and navigate to the System tab.
- Navigate to Power >> Screen and Sleep.
- Expand the “Sleep and Sleep” tab.
- Select your preferred timer periods, and close the settings window.
2. Tweak Power Plan
Desktop users also have the option of customizing the Sleep mode settings according to their preferences. So they don’t have to face any frustrating situations where their system doesn’t go to sleep mode by itself.
- Use the search bar to open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound >> Power Options.
- From the left sidebar, click on the “Change when the computer sleeps” option.
- Start editing plan settings and click on the Save Changes button, once you are done.
3. Turn Off Hybrid Mode
The Hybrid Mode on Windows 11 allows users to benefit from the services of Hibernation and Sleep mode at the same time. But enabling such a facility can cause issues with your system’s resources. So it’s better to keep it disabled and keep using Sleep Mode on Windows PC.
- Type cmd inside the search bar and select “Run as administrator”
- Type powercfg /hibernate in the command prompt and press enter.
- After executing the command, restart your PC.
- Once the system is rebooted, launch Control Panel using the search bar.
- Go to Hardware and Sound >> Power Options.
- Under Preffered Plans, click on the Change Plan Settings link.
- Now, click on “Change Advanced Power Settings”.
- Expand the Sleep >> Allow Hybrid Sleep menus and turn off hybrid mode.
- Next up, expand Multimedia Settings >> When sharing media.
- Select the “Allow the computer to sleep” setting.
- Click on PCI Express >> Link State Power Management.
- Turn off the Link State Power Management settings.
- At last, click on the Apply button and close the tab.
4. Turn Off Wake Timers
In some cases, disabling Wake Timers helped users in fixing Windows 11 Sleep Mode Not Working. So you should try performing the same trick, to ask your computer to not wake up until you command it to do so.
- Launch Control Panel on Windows 11.
- Navigate to the Hardware and Sound tab.
- Select the Power Options.
- Click on Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Under Sleep, Change the value of Allow Sleep Timer to “Disable”.
- Save the implied changes and close the tab.
5. Disable Fast Startup
Some users have enabled Fast Startup on Windows 11, resulting in, them being unable to take advantage of Sleep Mode on Windows 11. If you have also enabled such a facility, you should disable it to start benefiting from Sleep Mode.
- Launch Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound >> Power Options.
- From the left pane, click on “Choose what the power button does”.
- Now, click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Turn off the “Turn on fast startup” toggle and save the implied changes.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to Fix Sleep Mode on Windows 11.