File Explorer is an integral part of Windows Since the first Windows. For over 20 years, this app is coming in stock with every Window module. Now it’s the time of Windows 11 finally after must await years. Although it was a surprise that causes the skyrocketed hype when the news broke out. Now every Windows user wants to get his hands on Windows 11 as soon as possible. Many of us had already upgraded our computers on Windows 11.
Previously, Microsoft has launched many Windows 11 Beta versions. After October 14 they rolled out the complete Build of Windows 11 worldwide. Users who are still using Windows 11 beta must have to upgrade their OS versions on the computer.
Read Previous Article: 12 Best Unique Windows 11 Themes For Your Desktop
The issue seems to be at the user’s end!
As Windows 11 is completely a new OS so, it’s normal that it creates a mess. There are still some minor touches that Microsoft needs to work on. Most of them are related to app stability like many users complaint about the File Explorer not Working on Windows 11. By the way, it’s not sure that Microsoft needs to work on Windows 11 file explorer not working, or users have to do it. Because most likely, it seems that the issue is from the user’s device end. Most probably some software malfunction is crashing the file explorer on Windows 11.
How to Fix File Explorer not Working on Windows 11
Now we are going to write down some DIY solutions, that will let you fix File Explorer not opening on Windows 11 issue. These all are DIYs so, you don’t need to concern a tech expert in the repair shop. Also, there is a Zero cost formula in these all solutions. Just a few solutions and you are ready to use File Explorer on Windows 11 without any problem.
Restart your PC
Restarting a device sometimes becomes a more effective solution than any other else. When you restart or power off a device, all ongoing functions get closed. Maybe restarting your computer can close the file which is causing the file explorer not to work on Windows 11.
- Click on the Windows icon, and then the power icon.
- Click on a restart and let the PC do its job.
Reboot File Explorer on Windows 11
Whenever any specific stock or downloaded program got suck somewhere, firstly reboot that program before performing any other treatment. There are three ways to reboot the File Explorer on Windows 11. Let’s start with closing the File Explorer from the task manager on Windows 11.
- Open the File Explorer to keep it alive at the Task Manager.
- Launch Task Manager on Your Windows
- Simply right-clicks on the Taskbar
- Click on the Task Manager.
- Select the File Explorer on the screen.
- Click on the Restart button at the bottom of the screen.
End Task and Reboot
The second way to restart the file explorer on Windows 11 is to end the task first and restart it later.
- Keep the file explorer alive at the taskbar, Open the File Explorer.
- Launch Task Manager on Your Windows,
- Simply right-click on the Taskbar and click on the Task Manager.
- Right-click the File Explorer on the screen and then click on the End Task button.
- Click on the File option at the screen top and select Run a New Task.
- Type explorer.exe and hit the OK button.
Once you hit the OK, File Explorer will restart quickly and it should fix the app not opening on Windows 11 issue for you.
Restart File Explorer Using Comment Prompt
- Press the Windows Key to launch Windows search.
- Type cmd to open the Command Prompt app.
- Type taskkill /f /im explorer.exe in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- Now the command ends the function of the file explorer on windows 11.
- To start the explorer.exe process again, type explorer.exe in the windows and press Enter.
- The command will reboot the File Explorer app on Windows 11.
Updating drivers is like updating the OS to the latest version both are equally important. You can’t perform a single function without a suitable driver on any computer OS. So, it’s important to keep the driver up to date on Windows 11. Maybe it can fix File Explorer not opening on Windows 11 issue because it’s the most effective one among all above.
Step 1: Open Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows icon.
Step 2: Expand the Display adapters on Device Manager
Step 3: Do the right-click on video drivers.
Step 4: Select Update drivers and the OS will scan to install the newest video drivers from the web.
Update Windows 11 to the latest version
Update Windows 11 to the latest version. It will kill all the malfunctions, bugs, fixes, and everything that causes a mess. Windows 11 was running on Beta versions before the 15th of this month. Now the final version is here, so it’s better to update Windows 11 on your PC right now if you didn’t it yet! Go to the Windows Settings, Click on Security and update option, click on update now. let the Windows 11 search latest update for you, a matter of few seconds.
Final Solution – Contact Support
If all the solutions are not fixing file Explorer not working on Windows 11 issue, only Microsoft can do it for you. But, you must have the registered version of Windows 11 on your computer. By the way, these all solutions are enough to fix Windows 11 File Explorer, not working issues.