Discord is available for all the major platforms. But certainly, Windows 11 users are unable to benefit from its services. The problem may reside within the app’s files due to manual customizations. So if you are troubled by this issue, read the following section to fix Discord Crashing on Windows 11. I have added more than one method to bypass this error.
How Do I Fix Discord Crashing on Windows 11?
Users are requested to consider various situations because of which Discord keeps crashing on their PC. They need to consider all the possibilities that lead to this frustrating error. And by considering the key scenarios, they can implement the following troubleshooting tricks to start using Discord smoothly on the updated Windows 11 PC.
1. Remove Discord App Content
Every application’s data is stored in the cache memory of your Windows PC. The data is stored to help users launch the same old app services without having to wait all night long. However, when such files get corrupted, they become junk files and may harm the application in various ways. So you should clean your PC from junk files.
- Press Windows + R keys to launch the Run box.
- Type %temp% inside the box and press Enter.
- Now open the Discord folder and delete all the files present in it.
- Afterward, relaunch Discord on Windows 11.
2. Disable Hardware Acceleration
Some customizations like hardware acceleration can be problematic. For instance, users have enabled Hardware Acceleration for an accelerated performance on Discord. But such customization can also become a headache and cause the program to crash while you are using it. So it would be better to disable such a facility, at least, to check if it helps you resolve this issue.
- Go to Discord Settings.
- Click on the Appearance tab from the left pane.
- Disable the Hardware Acceleration toggle.
- Relaunch Discord on Windows 11.
3. Enable Legacy Mode
The Legacy mode allows Discord to run smoothly by collecting the right amount of resources from Windows 11. It basically, commands the OS to focus on running Discord, without being interrupted by any of the background processes. For your benefit, you should enable such a facility.
- From the Discord Settings window, click on the Voice and Video tab.
- Expand the Audio Subsystem menu and select Legacy from the given options.
- Afterward, confirm your activity.
4. Reinstall Discord on Windows 11
If you are still unable to fix the issue, it means that the game files are corrupted or gone missing. In that case, you need to perform a clean reinstallation of Discord on Windows 11. And for better results, remove the application files properly, so that you can take full advantage of the fresh copy of Discord on Windows 11.
- Press Win + R keys simultaneously.
- Type %AppData% in the box and press Enter.
- Navigate to the Discord folder.
- Select all files and delete them.
- Now, run the %LocalAppData% command from the Run box.
- Open the Discord folder and delete all files present in it.
- Launch the Winodws 11 Settings and navigate to Apps & features.
- Locate and select the Discord application and click on the Uninstall button.
- Once the program is uninstalled successfully, download the latest version of Discord and install it.
That’s all, thanks for visiting WebsiteforWeb to fix Discord Crashing on Windows 11.